Links to websites we have found useful:
- ABC Radio - Sunday Nights with John Cleary - http://www.abc.net.au/sundaynights/
A unique weekly program on ABC Local Radio exploring the issues, events and people driving developments in religion, ethics, spirituality, popular culture, values and beliefs in our country.
- Aquinas Academy - http://www.aquinas-academy.com/
Aquinas Academy in Sydney offers a range of courses. 'Adult education for freedom of the spirit in the Spirit'.
- Arts in Action - http://www.chesterstreet.org.au/
A programme of Chester Street Uniting Church, (Epping, NSW) has a vision to provide innovative opportunities for people to explore their creative spirit in community, to be an open door of hospitality, and to explore art & spirituality, theology, worship, community, and performance.
- As One Voice - http://www.asonevoice.com.au
Willow Publishing offers a range of hymns, songs and Christian resources for prayer and worship. Check out the February 2010 Eremos magazine for a review of As One Voice - The Next Generation by Kevin Bates, Marist Priest and acclaimed musician.
- Centre for Progressive Religious Thought - http://www.progressivereligion.org.au/
Is open to any and to all who wish to explore a more progressive, open theology and spirituality in a safe environment. It stands in deep contrast to a general tendency which often requires that our theology and spiritual journey be built on what should be believed.
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library - http://www.ccel.org/
Provides classic Christian books in electronic format, with 'enough good reading material here to last you a lifetime, if you give each work the time it deserves!'
- Futurechurch - http://www.futurechurch.org.nz/
A project of the Anglican based Women’s Resource Centre in Auckland, NZ, with funding from Methodist Futures Group. Futurechurch is ecumenical and non-denominational.
- Gratefulness - http://www.gratefulness.org/
The website for A Network for Grateful Living and Brother David Steindl-Rast, OSB.
- InterPlay - http://www.interplayaus.com.au/
Explores the wisdom of the body through simple body movement techniques that help reconnect a sense of personal wholeness.
- Ira Progoff Intensive Journal - http://www.intensivejournal.org/
An integrated system of writing exercises, designed to bring insights about many different areas including personal relationships, career and special interests, body and health, dreams and imagery, and meaning in life.
- John Shelby Spong - http://www.johnshelbyspong.com
Bishop John Shelby Spong's homepage at the Diocese of Newark.
- Mosaic Book - http://www.mosaicbook.com.au
A collection of favourite prayers and reflections chosen by a broad range of Australians from different backgrounds and faiths.
- NSW Ecumenical Council - http://www.nswec.org.au/
Provides information on places and times of meditative prayer using Taizé Chants, and the annual Taizé Pilgrimage of Trust in NSW.
- Pace e Bene Australia - http://paceebene.org.au/
Promoting the spirituality and practice of active non-violence.
- Sea of Faith - http://www.sof-in-australia.org/
A network of people who are seeking a radical reappraisal of past religious traditions in order to meet today’s spiritual challenges. The network affirms the continuing importance of religious thought and practice, but sees religion as a field of creative human endeavour which must be ever-changing to remain relevant.
- Spiritual Directors International (SDI) - http://www.sdiworld.org
Spiritual Directors International is celebrating twenty years of tending the holy around the world and across spiritual traditions. Their "Seek and Find Guide" helps you find a spiritual director in your area and there are over 100 SDI members in Australia.
- St James', King Street, Sydney - http://www.sjks.org.au/
St James’ Institute is the education and formation program of St James’ Church. The Institute provides a range of programs and other resources to enable people to explore the Christian faith, to develop their Christian faith, and to be informed, and engage in debate, about contemporary issues from a theological perspective.
- The World Community of Christian Meditation - http://www.christianmeditationaustralia.org/
Exists "To communicate and nurture meditation as passed on through the teaching of John Main in the Christian tradition, in the spirit of serving the unity of all."
- Wellspring Community - http://www.wellspringcommunity.org.au
Wellspring Community is a dispersed ecumenical community of men and women who seek to follow Christ, live prophetically, see God’s presence in each moment and person, and work for reconciliation and practice peace.
- Women and the Australian Church (WATAC) - http://www.watac.net
WATAC commenced in 1984 as a national project of the Religious women and men of Australia. While the WATAC organisation is Catholic by origin, it is ecumenical by membership and has a commitment to working together with all churches and on an inter-faith basis. Its vision is to provide a forum for those searching for an inclusive church and to enable the voice of women to be heard on global and social justice issues.