News + Blog
Position Vacant for a Promotions Officer
Eremos has an opening for a Promotions Officer to join our staff team.
Thanks to the generous donations from our members and supporters we are able to advertise the position of Promotions Officer. This is a part-time, short-term contract position beginning in the first half of 2017. Applications close 10 April.
The purpose of the role is to increase Eremos membership. This will be achieved by making Eremos and our activities and resources, more widely known in a variety of forums across Australia and by persuading individuals and institutions to take up Eremos membership.
A promotions team appointed by the Council will work collaboratively with the Promotions Officer.
We seek a professional with experience in promoting, marketing and networking in the religious, spiritual, or not-for-profit area. The Promotions Officer will work from their own site with their own equipment. This role does not require residence in Sydney.
You are suitable for this position if ….
• You are an excellent communicator and a person with a knack for sharing information succinctly and successfully.
• You are a natural networker and have the ability to create a message that will reach the intended audience and achieve intended aims.
• You have professional experience promoting or marketing in the religious, arts, spiritual, and/or not-for-profit area.
• Your creativity, combined with a practical approach, enables you to convey a message that elicits a positive response.
• You get things done efficiently and on time.
• You enjoy working with others on shared projects and also are self driven and organised when working on your own.
• You can demonstrate through your professional and/or volunteer experience successful project completion and positive working relationships with others.
• You are passionate about Eremos and what it has to offer individuals and communities.
• You get along easily with others are flexible and responsive to requests.
The duration of this short-term contract will depend on the number of hours funded. Initially it will be funded for approximately 100 hours over a period of several months with the possibility of extension. Hours of working and hours per week are flexible and can fit around your existing commitments.
A suggested guideline is 8 – 25 hours per week, with availability at least twice a week to access and respond to emails. You are invited to suggest hours of work and hours per week that will achieve the purpose of the role. The hourly rate of pay is $35 per hour (negotiable).
Please submit the following information by 10 April to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A resume of relevant experience for this position
2. What you bring to this role and how your skills are suited to it.
3. Please indicate when you are available to undertake this role
4. Email and phone contact details (day/evening) for 3 referees that can speak to your skills as required in this position.
For more information contact Kate Scholl at this email address email@example.com or telephone: 0425 211 065.
There are no comments yet. Have your say!