Intensive Journal® Workshops
Kate Scholl has been leading Intensive Journal® workshops for over 30 years and is passionate about their potential for enabling one to live more creatively and genuinely. She is highly skilled facilitator and deeply passionate about the potential for transformation the Journal enables. Read this article by Kate and her experience of using the Intensive Journal method and leading workshops. Writing Our Truth
Eremos welcomes expressions of interest from individuals and groups that would like to hold an Intensive Journal workshop in their area. Contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate writes about Ira Progoff's work and the Intensive Journal process in Finding a Way that is True
Read more about Ira Progoff, the creator of the Intensive Journal Method Ira Progoff
Richard Rohr wrote about the Intensive Journal process in his daily reflection on 29 May 2019.
“Many Westerners today are now reacquiring and accessing more of the skills we need to go into the depths of things—and to find God’s Spirit there. Whether they come through contemplation, psychology, spiritual direction, shadow work, the Enneagram, Myers-Briggs typology, grief and bereavement work, or other models such as Integral Theory or wilderness experience , these tools help us to examine and to trust interiority and depth.
One of the most profound spiritual experiences of my life came in 1984 during a journaling retreat in Ohio led by the psychotherapist Ira Progoff (1921–1998).  Dr. Progoff guided us as we wrote privately for several days on some very human and ordinary questions. I remember first dialoguing with my own body, dialoguing with roads not taken, dialoguing with concrete memories and persons, dialoguing with my own past decisions, and on and on.
I learned that if the quiet space, the questions themselves, and blank pages had not been put in front of me, I may never have known what was lying within me. Progoff helped me and many others access slow tears and fast prayers, and ultimately intense happiness and gratitude, as I discovered depths within myself that I never knew were there. I still reread some of what I wrote over forty years ago for encouragement and healing. And it all came from within me!”
Read the full post here.https://cac.org/going-to-the-depths-2019-05-29/
Here are some comments from previous Intensive Journal workshop participants:
- This workshop was a great catalyst for healing.
- It’s helped me to recommence some in-depth looking at myself which had been on hold for a number of years.
- Just superlatives...sensitive and wise facilitation; a strong and experienced guide through the materials and experience.
- This workshop is a very important part of my faith journey – very rewarding, intense and challenging.
- I entered this workshop having no real idea about what to expect. I have found a most stimulating approach to journaling that is most helpful and comprehensive – way beyond my earlier efforts at self-absorbed unhappiness. Thank you for the gentle guidance and secure environment.
- Through the intensive writing process I was able to reflect on my life journey from different angles and through imaginative lenses. The workshop was a rich psychological and spiritual experience.
- It was wonderful to learn how to connect to my deeper being; it made sense and encourages me to continue with this process.
- It was amazing to find a way to journal that goes deeper and really allows me to discover different parts of myself.
- Kate delivers this workshop in a respectful and serene way.
- The workshop has opened up a way to explore the various aspects of my life and opened up possibilities for the future.
- My life will never be the same again.
- Kate was wonderful, so caring and empathetic, a gentle guide who was always happy to help. I got so much from the workshop-- I am sure it will be a life-long tool.
"The Intensive Journal workbook is specifically designed to provide an instrument by which persons can discover within themselves the resources they did not know they possessed." Ira Progoff
For further information about the Intensive Journal® visit www.intensivejournal.org